Black Capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapilla)
Studio-Glass Bird Ornament
No wonder the Chickadee wears a cap - he sticks around, steadfastly and ever sociable even through the harshest of Canadian winters. This friendly little chap is a natural gift for friends and family, and will add a subtle touch of whimsy into the home. A thoughtful give for friends or family, and with three sizes, you'll find one small enough to stand almost anywhere.
I created your Chickadee entirely from glass - no paints, glazes or moulds. The shape was designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured crushed glass built up on the clear shape before firing the bird is in a kiln over many hours. I initial each bird on his reverse.
The bird comes with his own detachable log perch that has been sanded on the underside for stability. Simply slot the birds legs into the holes in the top side of the wood.
Pairs of birds may arrive either on driftwood or on a branch. If you've a preference, please comment in the order notes.
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or molds)
- Glass bird ornament complete with live edge log perch (if you prefer a driftwood perch, please add a note to your order)
- Artisan Studio-Glass made in Nova Scotia
- Most Birds ship within a few business days. Pairs may take up to a week to ship.
- Size Approximately 3.5 " for adult, 2.5" for chick
- The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work.
- The direction the bird is facing will vary randomly
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front.