Piping Plover (Charadrius melodus)
Studio-Glass Bird Ornament
Inspired by those cute, little birds that scurry delightfully along the beach - the Piping Plovers. Sandy brown and white glass hanging birds to perfectly compliment to your coastal or lake-house home. Because the Piping Plover is considered a Threatened or Endangered Species across most of its range, by purchasing a Plover you'll be helping to raise awareness of them.
The Plover has been created entirely from glass - no paints, glazes or moulds. The shape was designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured crushed glass built up on the clear shape before firing the bird is in a kiln over many hours. I initial each bird on his reverse. The bird comes with his own detachable driftwood perch that has been sanded on the underside for stability. Simply slot the birds legs into the holes in the top side of the wood.
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or molds)
- Glass bird ornament complete with driftwood perch
- Artisan Studio-Glass made in Nova Scotia
- Most Birds ship within a few business days. Pairs may take up to a week to ship.
- Size Approximately 3.5 " for adult, 2.5" for chick, or 1.5" for mini pocket sized
- The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work.
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front.