Studio-Glass Bird Ornament: Perched Robin
American Robin (Turdus migratorius)
If you're Canadian you might associate the Robin with Spring, if you have British heritage you might think of them as a winter bird. Regardless of the season and the type of Robin (North American or British), there's something cheery about Robins. When the sun shines through his red glass chest, the glass truly sparkles with light. This charming little guy will stand proud on any fireplace mantel, bringing warmth in his own right!
Your Robin is created entirely from glass - no paints, glazes or molds. The shape was designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured crushed glass built up on the clear shape before firing the bird is in a kiln over many hours. I initial each bird on his reverse. The bird comes with his own detachable log perch that has been sanded on the underside for stability. Simply slot the birds legs into the holes in the top side of the wood.
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or moulds)
- Glass bird ornament complete with live edge log perch (if you prefer a driftwood perch, please add a note to your order)
- Artisan Studio-Glass made in Nova Scotia
- Most Birds ship in a few business days. Pairs may take up to a week to ship.
- Size Approximately 3.5 " for adult, 2.5" for chick and 1" for mini pocket sized
- The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work.
- The direction the bird is facing will vary randomly
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front.