Baltimore Oriole (Icterus galbula)
Studio-Glass Bird Ornament
Brilliant Orange birds that love fruit, insects and nectar. These migratory birds are a sign of Spring in Eastern Canada. Oriole's are monogamous, adaptable birds that are happy to spend alone time. These orange birds will compliment an Arts and Crafts Decor, a Fall themed montage; or simply add a little cheer into your home!
Your orange bird is entirely glass - no paints, glazes or moulds. The shape was designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured crushed glass built up on the clear shape before firing the bird is in a kiln over many hours. I initial each bird on his reverse. The bird comes with his own detachable driftwood perch that has been sanded on the underside for stability. Simply slot the birds legs into the holes in the top side of the wood.
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or molds)
- Glass bird ornament complete with live edge log perch (if you prefer a driftwood perch, please add a note to your order)
- Artisan Studio-Glass made in Nova Scotia
- Most Birds ship within a few business days. Pairs may take up to a week to ship.
- Size Approximately 3.5 " for adult, 2.5" for chick
- The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work.
- The direction the bird is facing will vary randomly
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front.