Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis)
Studio-Glass Bird Ornament
With distinctive, vibrant red plumage, the Northern Cardinal is a National favourite. The Cardinal is associated with luck, loyalty, love and devotion. In many cultures, sightings of Cardinals signify a message from a loved-one that has passed away; the cheerful red bird radiating feelings of hope or joy to those they visit.
Cardinal makes a great present for a wedding, anniversary, valentines day or in memoriam gift. The bright red glass will stand out wherever you place him, be it on wood or glass table tops.
Your Cardinal was handmade entirely from glass - no paints, glazes or moulds. Their shape was designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured crushed glass built up on the clear shape before firing the bird is in a kiln over many hours. The red glass may be either translucent or semi-translucent (opal) depending on the batch.
I initial each bird on their reverse. The bird comes with their own detachable wooden perch that has been sanded on the underside for stability. Simply slot the birds legs into the holes in the top side of the wood.
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or molds)
- Glass bird ornament complete with live edge log perch (if you prefer a driftwood perch, please add a note to your order)
- Artisan Studio-Glass made in Nova Scotia
- Most Birds ship within a few business days. Pairs may take up to a week to ship.
- Size Approximately 3.5 " for adult, 2.5" for chick and 1" for mini
- The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work.
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front.