Iconic Grey, White and Black Seagull Shorebird with a Bright Yellow Beak. Perched on Driftwood. Instantly recognisable. Two sizes available.
Herring Gull (Larus argentatus)
What says "Seaside" more than a seagull accosting you for your sandwiches? A very intelligent bird, attentive and caring and fun fact - they can drink both seawater and freshwater! This bioindicator of a bird is unfortunately in steep decline in North America.
These glass seagulls come in varying shades and tones of grey, white and black. Their beaks may be bright yellow or gold, and occasionally with little red spots on. As with all the birds, Mr Gull was born entirely from glass - no paints, glazes or moulds. His shape was designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured white and grey crushed glass built up on the clear shape before firing the bird is in a kiln over many hours. I initial each bird on their reverse. The bird comes with his own detachable driftwood perch that has been sanded on the underside for stability. Simply slot the birds legs into the holes in the top side of the wood.
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or molds)
- Beak tone and pattern may vary
- Glass bird ornament complete with detachable driftwood perch
- Most Birds ship within a few business days. Pairs may take up to a week to ship.
- Size Approximately 4-4.5 " for adult, 2.5-3" for chick
- Artisan Studio-Glass