Dark Eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)
Studio-Glass Bird Ornament
What's not to love about the unassuming, polite little Junco. These little songbirds are always a pleasure to watch. A perfect gift of appreciation for that thoughtful friend. These small songbirds vary from slate grey through to browns, and your glass one will too!
Your Junco is crafted entirely from glass - no paints, glazes or moulds. Their shape was designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured crushed glass built up on the clear shape before firing the bird is in a kiln over many hours. I initial each bird on his/her reverse. The bird comes with his own detachable driftwood perch that has been sanded on the underside for stability. Simply slot the birds legs into the holes in the top side of the wood.
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or molds)
- Glass bird ornament complete with live edge log perch (if you prefer a driftwood perch, please add a note to your order)
- Artisan Studio-Glass made in Nova Scotia
- Most Birds ship within a few business days. Pairs may take up to a week to ship.
- Size Approximately 3.5 " for adult, 2.5" for chick, 1.5" for pocket mini
- The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work.
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front.