Atlantic Puffin (Fratercula arctica)
Studio-Glass Bird Ornament
Nicknamed "Penguin of the North", Mr Puffin's a bird who loves swimming in the ocean, deep diving and flying fast! He's a smart dresser, preferring a Dinner Suit to Casual Wear, and with a flair for the theatrical, accents his ever-classic black and white tuxedo with a golden spring-yellow and orange beak.
The charismatic Mr Puffin is crafted entirely from glass - no paints, glazes or moulds. His shape was designed and hand-cut, then layers of black and white coloured crushed glass were built up on the clear shape to tailor his clothes. This special bird was then fired in a kiln over many hours.
Each Puffin has been initialled on his reverse and comes with his own detachable driftwood perch that has been sanded on the underside for stability. Simply slot the birds legs into the holes in the top side of the wood.
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or molds)
- Glass bird ornament complete with driftwood perch
- Artisan Studio-Glass made in Nova Scotia
- Most Birds ship within a few business days. Pairs may take up to a week to ship.
- Size Approximately 3.5-4 " for adult, 2.5-3" for chick
- The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work.
- The direction the bird is facing will vary randomly
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front.