Studio-Glass Ornament: Perched Crow
Do you have an eye for the shiny things? With their iridescent feathers that change colour according to the light, no wonder crows are seen as an omen for change! With a hint of black sparkle to their wings, these glossy glass crows will also look very slightly different depending on the light!
How your bird is created
Your crow is handcrafted entirely from glass - no paints, glazes or moulds are used in the production of the ornament. The bird shape is designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured crushed glass built up on the clear shape before firing the bird in a kiln over many hours. I initial each bird on their reverse side.
The bird comes with his own detachable log perch, sanded on the underside for stability. Simply slot his legs into the holes in the top side of the wood to stand him upright.
Summary of Features
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or moulds)
- Glass bird crow ornament complete with live edge log perch
- Artisan Studio-Glass made in Nova Scotia
- Most Birds ship within a few business days
- Size Approximately 2.5" for chick, Toonie size for Pocket Bird
Please note that you are not purchasing the bird in the picture but one similar. The direction the bird faces will vary randomly. Due to the successive layering process, the bird is best viewed from the front, glossy side.