Barn Owl (Tyto alba)
Studio-Glass Bird Ornament
A bird with air of mystery, wisdom and magic! A great graduation gift, or perhaps a fitting gift for someone that works the Night Shift! The natural, neutral tones of this bird would fit many colour themes. The Barn Owl is one of the most widely distributed types of owls in the world, though they're a Species at Risk in some Canadian provinces. Spread a little awareness about this beautiful, majestic creature!
Your owl is created entirely from glass - no paints, glazes or moulds. The shape was designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured crushed glass built up on the clear shape before firing the bird is in a kiln over many hours. I initial each bird on his reverse. The bird comes with his own detachable driftwood perch that has been sanded on the underside for stability. Simply slot the birds legs into the holes in the top side of the wood.
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or molds)
- Glass bird ornament complete with live edge log perch (if you prefer a driftwood perch, please add a note to your order)
- Artisan Studio-Glass made in Nova Scotia
- Most Birds ship within a few business days
- Size Approximately 4-5 " for adult, 3.5" for chick
- The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work.
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front.