Striking Orange and Black Hanging glass bird. Limited Seasonal availability.
Baltimore Oriole (Icterus galbula). Orange bird with black head and wing. A little sparkle in the black lets the eye travel. The striking colour contrast of the Baltimore Oriole will compliment an Arts and Crafts Decor, a Fall or Halloween themed montage; or will simply add a little cheer into your home!
Brilliant Orange birds that love fruit, insects and nectar. These migratory birds are a sign of Spring in Eastern Canada. Oriole's are monogamous, adaptable birds that are happy to spend alone time.
Your orange bird is entirely glass - no paints, glazes or moulds. The shape was designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured crushed glass built up on the clear shape before firing the bird is in a kiln over many hours. I initial each bird on his reverse. The bird comes with his own detachable log perch. Simply slot the birds legs into the holes in the top side of the wood.
- Artisan Studio-Glass Handcrafted in Nova Scotia
- Hanging Glass bird ornament
- Most Birds ship within a few business days.
- Size Approximately 3.5 " for adult, 2.5" for chick
- The photos are a guide only. The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work.
- The direction the bird is facing will vary randomly
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front.