Studio Glass Sandpiper on a Driftwood perch. Brown and White Mottled or Spotty patterned. These are the shorebirds with a long beak!
Sandpiper (Calidris pusilla, Calidris minutilla)
These neutral, Earthy toned glass sandpipers lend themselves to a wide range of home decor and colour palettes. Group them with other shorebirds on driftwood for an authentic coastal feel! Three sizes of sandpiper are available: Adult, Chick and Mini Pocket sized.
Sandpiper's are a delight to watch, whether you're a bird-watcher or otherwise! These long-legged birds are commonly found running around the mud-flats of the Bay of Fundy and along the sandy beaches of Maritime Canada. My sandpipers are loosely modelled, stylised versions of the Semi-Palmated and Least Sandpiper varieties.
Your Sandpiper is created entirely from glass - no paints, glazes or moulds. The bird shape was hand-cut from clear glass. Next, layers of coloured crushed glass were built up on the clear glass shape before firing the bird is in a kiln over many hours. I initial each bird on his reverse side.
The bird comes with his own detachable driftwood perch that has been sanded on the underside for stability. Simply slot the birds legs into the holes in the top side of the wood.
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or molds)
- Shade/tone and patterns will vary
- Glass bird ornament complete with a driftwood perch
- Artisan Studio-Glass made in Nova Scotia
- Most Birds ship within a few business days. Pairs may take up to a week to ship.
- Size Approximately 3.5 " for adult, 2.5" for chick and 1.5" for mini pocket
- The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work.
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front.
- he direction the bird faces varies randomly. If you have a preference, please make a note in your order.